United Christian Nethersole Community Health Service (UCN) respects personal data and is committed to complying with the data protection principles and all relevant provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. UCN shall:
- collect essential personal data of living individuals by lawful and fair means.
- ensure that personal data collected or retained is accurate for the purpose for which it is to be used.
- erase personal data which is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
- use the personal data collected for purposes or directly related purposes for which the data was to be used at the time of collection unless there is consent from the data subject or use otherwise permitted by law.
- protect personal data collected against unauthorised or accidental access, processing, erasure, loss or use by reasonable and practicable steps.
- ensure that a person can be informed of the kinds of personal data that UCN holds and the purposes for which the data is to be used.
- permit persons to access and correct personal data of which it is the data subject and process any such access/correction requests in such manner permitted or required by law.
Kinds of Personal Data Held
There are several broad categories of personal data held in UCN. They are personal data contained in:
- Donor and donation records, which include information supplied by donors such as personal details, bank/credit card information, etc.
- Human Resources records, which include personal details, job particulars, details of salary, payments, benefits, performance appraisals, disciplinary matters, etc. of applicants or UCN staff.
- Volunteer or supporter records, which include personal details provided by data subject who participates in fundraising, education, and other related activities organised by UCN.
- Medical records, which include records containing information relating to physical/mental/social health status of an individual.
- Other records, which include the award of contracts, administration files, flimsy files, public complaints, personality profile, etc.
Main Purposes of Keeping Personal Data
Personal data held in:
- Donor and donation records are kept and used for processing donation administration, such as donation appeal, issue of receipts, payment collection notices, donation records, acknowledgements, etc.
- Human Resources records are kept and used for employment and human resources management purposes such as recruitment, provision of compensation and benefits, performance management, discipline, etc.
- Volunteer or supporter records are kept and used for organising fundraising events, educational activities or other related activities.
- Medical records are kept and used for providing patient care including medical treatment/consultation, counseling, rehabilitation and/or any social services.
- For the above and other records, personal data will also be kept and used for the following purposes:
- Conduct health education, fund raising activities and direct marketing services and/or programmes of UCN as well as solicit donations by providing brochures, newsletters, pamphlets, e-messages and/or other printed materials through direct mailing, fax, SMS, email and/or making telephone calls and to communicate such information to the data subjects;
- Prepare statistics or carry out health related projects and/or research;
- Comply with any statutory requirement or law that binds UCN;
- Other purposes directly related to administration of UCN functions and activities, seeking advice on policy or operational matters, acquisition of services, handling of inquiries and/or complaints from the public for continuous quality improvement, etc.
Visitors to UCN Website
UCN will not collect any personal information that identifies a visitor to this site unless specified otherwise. Visit to this site may be recorded and information like the Domain Name Server address part of your email address, e.g. "gmail.com" from an email address of email@example.com, and of the pages visited will be used to prepare aggregate information about the number of visitors to the site and general usage patterns. This information is used by us only for preparing general statistic on the usage of our website.
UCN's website may contain hyperlinks to other websites, including hyperlinks which frame the content of the other sites within the UCN name and logo. UCN is not responsible for the privacy practices, content or security of such other websites, even if our name and logo are still on the top of the screen.